Do you know what blogs are? If you don’t, then you’ve come to the right place. In the beginning, a blog was more of a personal diary that people shared online, and it goes back to 1994. On this online journal, you could talk about your daily life or share things you do. But, people saw an opportunity to communicate any information in a new way. So began the beautiful world of blogging. First of all we have to know that What is blog? And how it works, earning is the later thing, on internet you need passion and patience both are must for earning and all. So let’s start and clear out all the things.
What is Blog?
A blog (shortening of “weblog”) is an online journal or informational website displaying information in the reverse chronological order, with latest posts appearing first. It is a platform where a writer or even a group of writers share their views on an individual subject.
The appearance of blogs changed over time, and nowadays blogs include different items. But, most blogs include some standard features and structure. Here are common features that typical blog will include:
- Header with the menu or navigation bar
- Main content area with highlighted or latest blog posts
- Sidebar with social profiles, favorite content, or call-to-action
What is Blogging?
In the early 2000s, blogging emerged in all different phases when several political blogs were born. Also, blogs with how-to manuals began to appear. Established institutions began to note the difference between the journalism and blogging. Blogging is the many skills that one needs to run and control a blog. Equipping web page with tools to make the process of writing, posting, linking, and sharing content easier on the internet.
What Can I Post in My Blog?
How Do I Put Up My Blog?
Blog Versus Website
Many people are still confused over what constitutes a blog over a website. Part of the problem is that many businesses use both, integrating them into a single web presence. But there are two features of a blog that set it apart from a traditional website.
- Blogs are updated frequently. Whether it’s a mommy blog in which a woman shares adventures in parenting, a food blog sharing new recipes, or a business providing updates to its services, blogs have new content added several times a week.
- Blogs allow for reader engagement. Blogs are often included in social media because of the ability for readers to comment and have a discussion with the blogger and others who read the blog makes it social.
Must Read: Blog vs Website
Why Is Blogging So Popular?
There are several reasons why entrepreneurs have turned to blogging.
- Search engines love new content, and as a result, blogging is a great search engine optimization (SEO) tool.
- Blogging provides an easy way to keep your customers and clients up-to-date on what’s going on, let them know about new deals, and provide tips. The more a customer comes to your blog, the more likely they are to spend money.
- A blog allows you to build trust and rapport with your prospects. Not only can you show off what you know, building your expertise and credibility, but because people can post comments and interact with you, they can get to know you, and hopefully, will trust you enough to buy from you.
- Blogs can make money. Along with your product or service, blogs can generate income from other options, such as advertising and affiliate products.
- Blogging is flexible and portable, making it a great option for people who be a lifestyle entrepreneur.
Who is a blogger?
In recent times, bloggers have become famous for various reasons. An alternative career or job to many, more people are choosing to join the ranks. So who are bloggers? These are individuals who love sharing parts of their lives with you. They post various topics from arts, home designs, carpentry, and finance articles. Bloggers are mobile and don’t need to be in one place. They live on the internet!
Definition of blogger
A blogger is someone who runs and controls a blog. He or she shares his or her opinion on different topics for a target audience.
Why are many people blogging today?
Would you want to have a blog of your own? Yes! Most people today are creating blogs for various reasons. Every human being has its story to tell. Hence, through the internet, bloggers can communicate to a larger group of people.
Why is blogging so popular? Blogs allow you to talk about any topics and express your opinion. You’ll find some bloggers writing on every activity that took place during the day. These may range from small issues such as waking up, to major issues like human rights and climate changes! Remember that as a blogger, you need to rely on the topics that you love.
Some blogging ideas for beginners:
- Lifestyle blog
- Health and fitness
- Travel and adventures
- Beauty and fashion
- Food and cooking
- Mom or dad diary
- Technical information
- DIY blog
- Gamer blog
- and more