Now certified by the EEC (Eurasian Economic Commission) with the model number A6013, rumours on the OnePlus 6T are heating up ahead of its anticipated October/November release.
We’ve seen new images alleged to be the phone’s retail box, which gives away one key feature we didn’t think we’d see before the OnePlus 7: an in-display fingerprint sensor. If this is legit, this ‘flagship killer’ will be beating the flagships to what will be the hot new trend for 2019.
A concept video for the upcoming phone has arrived from Concept Creator, revealing a gorgeous-looking phone with a new smaller and almost triangular screen notch, as seen on the recently announced Oppo R17.
Wireless charging, waterproofing, a notch-free 19:9 display, and up to five cameras could be in store for the OnePlus 6T. There’s also talk of the 6T being one of the first phones to run Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 855.
OnePlus and Qualcomm are long-term hardware partners, and sources suggest the success of the OnePlus 6 might convince the chip maker to release an early batch of the 7nm Snapdragon 855 for the OnePlus 6T. We think the Snapdragon 845 is a much more likely choice, but we hope to be corrected on that.
OnePlus 6T news and rumors
The biggest OnePlus 6T leak yet takes the form of several photos seemingly showing the retail box, which handily also includes a sketch of the OnePlus 6T.
That sketch shows a small waterdrop-like notch at the top housing a single-lens camera, a slim bezel below the screen and what appears to be an in-screen fingerprint scanner, as a fingerprint icon is on the display itself.
The images, which you can see below, don’t show the back of the OnePlus 6T, but that design is more or less identical to the Oppo R17 and Oppo R17 Pro, and there’s reason to believe that the OnePlus 6T could share several of the features found on the Oppo R17.
When is the next OnePlus phone coming out?
As a startup company back in 2014 OnePlus got off to something of a rocky start with its first release in April, but having since got its act into gear the smartphone maker has unveiled two new Android phones every year. Why should 2018 be any different?
- OnePlus 6T release date: Mid of November (Expected)
- OnePlus 6 release date: 22 May 2018
- OnePlus 5T: 21 November 2017
- OnePlus 5 release date: 11 June 2017
- OnePlus 3T release date: 15 November 2016
- OnePlus 3 release date: 14 June 2016
- OnePlus X release date: 29 October 2015
- OnePlus 2 release date: 28 July 2015
- OnePlus 1 release date: 23 April 2014
If you look at the release-date pattern it’s clear that we get one release in the summer (typically June), and one in the autumn (typically November).
Expected Features of OnePlus 6T:
- A QHD and/or HDR screen
- An in-screen fingerprint scanner
- Wireless charging
- Smaller notch
- A whopping 512GB of storage
- Keeping the headphone jack
- Stereo speakers
The OnePlus 6 starts at $529 and while OnePlus could keep the same price, it’s very likely the 6T will cost a few bucks more.
We predict the phone will cost between $529 and $599 — more than the OnePlus 6, but still hundreds less than a Galaxy S9 or Pixel 2.
- Glass front and rear with aluminium frame
- 6.4in Full-HD+ (1080×2280, 19:9) Optic AMOLED touchscreen with the reduced notch, Gorilla Glass 6
- In-display fingerprint scanner
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 845/855
- Adreno 630
- 6/8GB RAM
- 64/128/256GB storage
- Triple rear camera: 16Mp + 20Mp + 8Mp, f/1.7, OIS, dual-LED flash
- Dual front pop-up camera: 16Mp + 16Mp, f/1.8, Auto HDR, 1440p
- 3D Face ID recognition
- USB-C 3.0
- 3840mAh battery, Dash Charge
- Android 8.1 Oreo with Oxygen OS 5.1.8
- Available in black, red and white